A wide-ranging product portfolio managementrole for a highly effective and strategically-focused leader
AkzoNobel's Aerospace business is part of our business unit Automotive & Specialty Coatings. Our market-leading products and technologies offer world-class functionality, performance, efficiency and value. As a dedicated industry partner, we provide global support and offer a wide range of solutions for manufacturers, airlines, aircraft owners and MROs.
Within this context, your mission in this role is to assume responsibility for the strategy and management of the product portfolio for the sub-segments Structural and Cabin Coatings. In doing so you work closely with the regional Product Managers, fully understanding the needs of our customers and the value chain, ensuring that our portfolio meets the needs of key customers, and supporting global segment management.
As such, this is an attractive role for candidates with a global mindset who can work under pressure and execute effectively. It demands strong influencing and negotiating skills, along with the ability to acquire a rapid understanding of our technologies and products and their relationship to the market.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as a proactive professional with a powerful combination of technical and commercial understanding? Can you manage multiple stakeholders and build consensus to find solutions for business problems? Are you able to drive change by applying a robust and pragmatic approach? Above all, can you make a real difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the position of
Marketing Manager Product Portfolio
The role and its responsibilities
This highly responsible position is based at our large site at Sassenheim, the Netherlands, and involves a wide range of activities fundamental to the success of your sub-segments and Aerospace Coatings as a whole. Thus you:
- Identify new product opportunities and customer needs and translate those needs into segment and action plans together with the Segment Manager;
- Set the strategy and future direction for the product portfolio, in collaboration with key internal stakeholders;
- Help Product Managers to manage the portfolio, introducing new products and eliminating obsolete products;
Create relevant value propositions for customer segments in accordance with the segment plans.
All of this requires you to engage constantly with key customers in order to ensure a customer-centric approach. You also ensure the smooth running of new product development and lab work activities, leading to the timely launch of new products into the market. In addition you:
- Maintain and manage the product ranges per customer to ensure compliance with customer specifications;
- Work with local sales teams to develop effective product propositions, competitive comparisons, and ideas for product positioning;
Contribute to the creation of best practices in product management through the business unit.
Needless to say, you act in compliance with all applicable corporate and site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct and HSE.
To apply for this position you must possess all the following attributes:
- University degree in in Marketing, Business Administration, Economics, Chemistry or a related field;
- 6+ years working experience in R&D, project management, or a commercial environment;
- Ideally you have experience working in multi-disciplinary and/or global teams, along with experience of launching new products;
- Familiar with standard office and analytical tools and programs;
Strong communication and networking skills including excellent written and spoken English.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. You can expect an attractive salary and benefits package. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
We welcome your online application via www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 190001VH or via the ''Apply'' button. If you have any questions, please contact Ashna Badal, Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2.
An employment screening may be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Solliciteer op deze functie